Feeding Houston for
Christie’s Seafood & Steaks began in 1917 as a small food and drink stand on Galveston’s waterfront.
Vintage ad when Christie’s at 5911 Bellaire opened. That location was more casual with counter service.
The S. Post Oak store was very small and more for quick pick ups of to go orders.
In 1934, Theodore moved the restaurant to the Houston Medical Center where business was booming. He quickly began selling 10,000 fish sandwiches a week!
His next innovation was the Seafood Platter, a sampling of broiled or fried shrimp, scallops, oysters and fillets of fish plucked fresh from the Gulf of Mexico.
Westheimer location before construction
Mrs. Christie and cashier
Mrs. Christie and cashier 1968
6703 Main St.
Christie’s Restaurant at 6029 Westheimer in 1979
We continue to follow official guidance from local, state, federal government and health authorities to ensure our policies and procedures reflect the latest information from those authorities. As additional information is available, we will keep you updated through email, our social media accounts, and our website.
We take great pride in our clean family restaurant that has served you for 103 years. In addition to our daily cleaning procedures, we have increased our already-strict routines significantly. We have reviewed all our sanitation procedures and have updated them accordingly. Below are just a few of the measures we will be taking to ensure employee and guest safety:
- Any employee who is feeling ill will remain at home until symptoms have subsided and they have been cleared by a doctor to return to normal daily activities.
- Checking on employee health before they report to work and monitoring throughout shift.
- Sanitation stations upon walk- in for all employees.
- Sanitizing all high touchpoints after each interaction (e.g., door handles, counters, pens, touchscreen, check presenters, etc.).
- Adding extra requirements and increased frequency for deep cleaning.
- Consistent Hand Washing for 20 seconds after every guest interaction and throughout shift.
- Employees are advised, trained and required to not touch their hands, hair, and/or face.
- Replacing all our straws with paper-covered straws
We are following the CDC closely and taking their guidance on all relevant issues. Currently, they recommend regular sanitizing and hand washing as one of the most important preventative measures. As the CDC updates their recommendations, we will change our processes quickly.
We encourage all guests and staff to follow guidance from the CDC, including the recommended prevention measures to stay healthy. The health and safety of our guests and our team is our top priority and we have reinforced our cleanliness measures to maintain a safe and hygienic environment for everyone.
You can find additional information, updates and ways to protect yourself from COVID-19 by visiting the CDC (Center of Disease Control) website, www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
The Christie Family
Rave reviews from
grandpas & young guns
8 yr old Alba Getmans